The world class facilities of KFIL plants have further advantages over its peers. The KW line integrated with Loramendi core shooters are operated by robots is completely automated with minimal manual intervention and considerable rejection rate. Further, KFIL secures volume requirements with consistent casting weight and dimensions which translate into consistent dimensional performance in machine shop both in terms of mould and core side. The primary setup include the entire gamut of the foundry process flow from Melting, Core Making, Moulding, Pouring, Knock Out, Decoring, Shot Blasting, Fettling, Painting, Averaging and Packing.
- Gross casting production capacity 150,000 MT per annum
- 30 MT – 2 nos. crucibles dual track ABB make
- 12 MT- 2 nos. crucibles dual track ABB make
- Common melting facility for GF and KW line at Koppal Plant
- Liquid metal from mini blast furnace.
- Medium frequency induction furnace
- Holding and partial melting furnace
- 12 MT – 2 nos. crucibles Dual Track Inductotherm make
Auto Press Pour
- 7.5 tons holding capacity with in stream inoculation
- Pouring temperature: 14000-14300 Celsius
- Electrically controlled stopper rods.
- No spillage & over flow of liquid metal
- Improved yield
- Precision pouring
- Pouring time fluctuation in decimals
5.0 MW Inductotherm Furnace
- Reverse tilting facility
- Easier and total removal of slag which is not possible in scooping
- Furnaces stand on load cells
- Very accurate input & output analysis of liquid metal.
- At any point of time melting history can be retrieved
- Previous day performance
- Analyse various electrical devices connected
- Analysing and taking preventive action against surprise failures
- Kunkel Wagner- Squeeze type & George Fischer – High Pressure type
- Designed Line Speed – 80 moulds/hour
- Desired Average Casting Weight / Box – 200 Kgs
- High mould hardness.
- Casting weight is consistent.
- Consistencies of the dimensions are on high order which should translate into consistent dimensional performance in machine shop.
- Automatic sprue cutting, vent piercing & vent drilling facility.
- Kunkel Wagner Intensive Sand Plant
- Capacity - 150 Tons/hour
Loramendi Robotic Core Shooter
- Horizontal Machine (HM) Robotic
- Horizontal Machine (HM) Non Robotic
- Vertical Machine (VM) Robotic cell
- Closed loop core drying oven with palletisation
Fritz Hansberg Robotic Core Shooter
- Fritz Hansberg Core shooter with 150 litres capacity.
- High performance fully automated core production.
- Cycle time per set of cores 45sec.
- Set-up change time – 20 minutes
- Quick changeover of core box
Fettling & Finishing
- De-coring by Frolic machine
- Shot blasting by DISA (Manipulator type)
- Fettling by Automated MAUS Machine
- Fully automated In-House fettling
- Machining facilities enhanced at Solapur plant to cater to the needs of customers.
- BFW make CNC machines
- 5 Nos BFW – H440 E HMC
- 2 Nos BFW - BMV 60 TC20 VMC
- 3 Nos Milling SPM’s for Cylinder Block & Cylinder Heads
- Leak testing & Washing machines